Copyright ©2007-2013 Leehey Olson Law, P.C. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Click here for the full disclaimer.
5 Extra Items to Have in Your Roadside Emergency Kit
A roadside emergency kit can be very handy if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident or experience car troubles while driving. While there are several essential items that most people already have in their vehicles, there are also some extra items that you can place in your emergency preparedness kit that can offer more help should you suffer a breakdown or accident.
Another important item for you to have in your car is the contact information for an experienced legal representative. If you or someone you know has been in an accident caused by another person, you need to fight for financial compensation to pay for medical bills. Contact a Cedar Rapids accident lawyer of Leehey Olson Law, P.C., today at (319) 294-4424 to discuss your situation.
Five Commonly Forgotten Items for Your Kit
It is easy to remember to pack a flashlight, first aid kit, and many other essentials, but there are also some other helpful items you should include in your roadside emergency kit, such as:
- Disposable camera – a camera can help you take pictures of an accident scene for the police and insurance company .
- $20 to $30 in small bills – if you find yourself on the road without your wallet, some spare cash can help pay for any necessities.
- A pair of gloves – gloves can be helpful if you must change a tire or fix another such problem on the side of the road, especially during winter months.
- Blanket – if you are stuck waiting for help in the cold weather, a blanket can keep you warm.
- Tire inflator and sealant – a can of tire inflator and sealant can help you make quick tire repairs in case of a flat.
Additionally, before you embark on a long road trip or even a jaunt to the grocery store, find an attorney who could help you in case a reckless driver causes you to suffer in an auto accident.
If you have been hurt in a car accident due to another’s negligence, let us handle you case while you focus on your recovery. Contact a Cedar Rapids accident attorney of Leehey Olson Law, P.C., today at (319) 294-4424 and schedule your consultation.