Copyright ©2007-2013 Leehey Olson Law, P.C. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Click here for the full disclaimer.
5 Common Causes of Car Accidents
Despite it being an everyday activity for millions of Americans across the United States, driving can still be a very dangerous activity, especially when individuals drive negligently or recklessly. There are several million car accidents every year in the United States, and these incidents arise due to a number of different causes. Even if you take all reasonable precautions, you are still vulnerable to the actions of others.
If you have been hurt in a car accident that was caused by the negligence of another party, it is important to ensure that you are properly advised of your legal rights. Contact the Cedar Rapids injury lawyers of Leehey Olson Law, P.C., at (319) 294-4424 to discuss your potential case with a committed and aggressive legal advocate.
Frequent Factors in Accidents
There are approximately 12 motor vehicle accidents every minute in the United States. Five of the most common causes of car accidents are:
- Driving while under the influence – can include alcohol, illegal, and prescription drugs
- Speeding – decreases reaction times and ability avoid accidents
- Failure to adapt to adverse weather conditions – rain, snow, and ice make road conditions unsafe to drive on
- Poorly maintained roads – potholes and other road obstructions can cause accidents
- Distracted driving – talking, text messaging, eating, or any other action
You may be entitled to seek financial compensation for medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost wages, and other damages if you have been harmed in a crash caused by someone else. For assistance in this critical time, contact the Cedar Rapids injury lawyers of Leehey Olson Law, P.C., by calling (319) 294-4424 today.